Whether you are managing a few employees or many, you should be aware of the employment and labor issues that could affect your business. Katherine R. Boyd, Inc., APLC offers practical experience in managing the legal challenges facing employers with cost effective advice and representation that minimizes interference with your business operations.
The firm’s clients are in diverse fields including agriculture, construction, technology, retail, professional services, banking, non-profit, and government services. No matter what your area of business, the goal is to provide the answers you need so you can get back to running your business.
The services provided by the firm include the following:
Employee Handbooks – Policies – Contracts
- Preparing and revising employee handbooks
- Negotiating and drafting employee agreements
- Negotiating and drafting severance agreements and settlement agreements
- Developing employee policies including proprietary information, harassment prevention, drug testing, and workplace violence policies
Counseling and Prevention
- Advising employers on compliance with employment laws and regulations
- Consulting with employers on employee disciplinary actions and terminations
- Assisting employers with navigating employee leaves under the Family Medical Leave Act, California Family Rights Act, California’s Pregnancy Disability Leave, and other leave laws
- Reviewing employee practices including hiring and firing procedures
- Helping clients avoid lawsuits by solving problems and addressing issues beforehand
- Providing mandatory training including harassment prevention training
- Customizing presentations on a variety of employment issues to meet clients’ needs
- Conducting neutral investigations into employee complaints for non-clients
- Advising clients on handling investigations when an employee complains
Representing Employers Before Courts and Administrative Agencies
- Defending clients in lawsuits alleging wrongful termination, discrimination, harassment, breach of contract, employment torts, wage and hour violations and other employment related claims
- Representing clients before government agencies including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, California’s Department of Fair Employment and Housing, California’s Division of Labor Standards Enforcement, the United States Department of Labor, Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board, and the Public Employment Relations Board.